Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Extras!

Before we went on vacation we did a few fun things that I wanted to put on here before I forgot about them! So this post is a little random- but here it is.

-----------------------------------------------

In July I of course went and saw the last Harry Potter movie with my friend Karin. We went to the midnight show at the IMAX at the Science Center. I had a really fun time.


My dark mark. I drew it on with a pen and brought all the stuff with me to the theatre and ended putting them on Karin, and 3 strangers. :)


Karin with her dark mark on!


We had made our awesome shirts a week before!


Waiting in line!



Trying to pass the time.


I really liked the movie- Thanks for coming with me Karin!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
One weekend we made a day trip to Omaha! Here is Lily eating a snack in the car on the way there... with powder from a doughnut all over her face.


Playing at the children's museum.


Ellie really liked this cow.


Surprise, surprise- Lily on a pig.


Shopping


Playing at the water table.


Ellie on a sheep.



Wind in the hair.


Playing dress up!



Lily


Ellie doing a puppet show with Dad.


She was making them kiss



We took a walk across the pedestrians bridge! This goes across the Missouri river so one side is Nebraska and the other is Iowa.


The river was really flooded!


There was a nice wind blowing on the bridge which was nice because it was super hot that day!



We stopped at the Winter Quarters temple/visitor center.





On the way home we saw this idiot. He rode his motorcycle like this for at least a mile.

It was a really fun quick trip! We are looking forward to a few more day trips before winter gets here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The day after our impromptu trip to Omaha we spent the day in downtown Des Moines! We went to the farmers market:





and the Science Center!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer has been really good to us and fall is almost here. The temperature has already stated to drop! It is really nice to not be in such hot humid weather but I know that before I know it the snow will be falling. We will just have to try to make this fall a fun one!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

hahaha you and your dark mark. Thats so cool! I wish I had someone fun to go with like you. I LOVED the movie. Harry Potter is the best. Looks like fun stuff goin on for you guys!

Kierstin said...

I love Winter Quarters, glad you got to go. Looks like you guys are having lots of fun!

Unknown said...

That Harry Potter night looks amazing. And your dark mark tattoos came out amazing!

Mindy said...

Looks like you guys have had a fun summer. Winter Quarters looks cool! Here is to a mild winter!!