Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We’re back!

The girls and I are home from a super fun trip to see my family in Washington! It was so fun to meet some of our cousins for the first time and play, play, play! Vacations always seem to go to fast- but at the same time we are very happy to be home with our Dad! Here is a little trip re-cap of all the crazy things we did:

The flight there was… well…. Bad. Because of weather problems in Memphis we got to Washington at 7:30pm when we should have been there at 11:30am. Needless to say we got to spend some unplanned time in Denver. One good thing that came from our layover in Denver is that Lily learned to stand up in the middle of the room by herself! Woo-hoo! Go Lily!



Almost there!
Washington this time of year is just beautiful. The trees are AMAZING. I miss it a lot.


These are the trees right outside my Mom house. When I first got there they were mostly green and I watched then change every day!

My sister Kierstin and I

We had a big greeting party when we arrived! Lily and Ellie loved playing with their cousins! I got to talk to family and visit with my friend Amy- whose wedding is the reason I came home.



The next day was the wedding! It was beautiful and I am so happy for Amy! She looked great and I could tell how happy she was! Congrats Amy! We are now both Amy C.’s


We played a lot with our cousins and got to do some fun things! We went to the mall and rode the quarter rides with our Aunt Katie, Aunt Kierstin , Uncle Sterling and cousins Mesha and Griffin, ! They LOVED the car the rocked back and forth. I think they rode it like 8 times. Every time it would stop Ellie would rock back and forth showing us she wanted to go again!








We also got to play at Aunt Mindy and Uncle Mitch’s house! They had so many fun toys we never wanted to leave!


Playing with Julia and Natalie




Grandma shows us how the toys work!




Smile Nat!
My girls are just so funny. They are always doing things that make me laugh and laugh. Here are just a few of my favorite pictures of Lily and Ellie being silly!




Ellie and Lily love to do Grandmas Sudoku. They for sure belong to this family.



Ellie was eating the ice cream out of the bucket. Whenever my Dad would offer her a bite from his spoon she would lean forward and lick the bucket.



Lily REALLY missed her pacifier on this trip. I think it was just because she got to see her cousin Griffin with his. She always had her eye on in and thought that giving Griff my cell phone was a good trade for his pacifier.



While we were there my little brother got his mission call! We are all so excited for him! He will be serving in the Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission! He will leave to the MTC in Brazil January 27th.

Joao Pessoa Brazil

When we were there my Mom took the girls to get their pictures taken! They turned out super cute! Thanks Mom!


Happy Girls




This one isn’t cropped so you can see that I had to give Ellie my phone for her to be happy!




Just a little dolly!




I LOVE this picture!

What a big Lily


Now we are trying to get back to our regular schedule. Right before we left we all got sick- so we hope to get better soon so we can see our Iowa friends soon.

We love our family and friends and we are so thankful we got to come see everyone! We miss you all already!

8 comments:

Kierstin said...

Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute! We miss you guys and sure had a fun time with you!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures, now you just need to come and visit us!

love you,

kara

Sarah said...

Way cute photos-- and I cannot believe that brother Dale has his mission call!!! Wowza. What a fun adventure. Glad you had fun, Amers.

Hooker Family said...

The pictures of the girls are so adorable, I love them! Glad you had a good time!

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

Seems like you had a blast! I'm so glad you didn't get sick until the end. Really, really cute pictures of the girls!

Kari Cheney said...

Way cute pics of the girls!

Alexis and Ryan's twins loved that car ride at Crossroads too!

Becca said...

Your girls are gorgeous!

Kayli said...

So cute!
Loved the video with Lily driving and Ellie waving at the passersby haha.