Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Playing catch-up

I’m sorry. I really have no reason why it has been so long since my last post. Lots of things are going on so I’ll get right to it!


HALLOWEEN!
For Halloween Lily Ellie and I dressed up as characters from Alice in Wonderland.

I was Alice

Lily and Ellie were Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

No I didn’t assign who was who.



Both girls were SO excited about the candy. Ok ,ok, ok so were Mom and Dad.



Ellie was not ok with her hat. She would only wear it for 30 seconds at a time.



Chad didn’t dress up- which was ok because that was one less costume to make. I knew what wanted them to be for a long time but as always wanted until last minute to do their costumes. They still turned out pretty cute. But then again they are just cute girls in general. We went to our ward trunk-or- treat and had a fun time seeing all our friends.


It’s starting to get cold outside- yet we still need to get fresh air. Our new winter coats that Grandma Swany got for us are just perfect!



Grandma Swany also sent us some new dresses the other day too! They will match some of their cousins in these dresses! Just so cute! I also used this to show the new toy Chad got for the girls off Craig’s List. They LOVE it! It has a little plastic hair drier, curling iron, combs and a little cell phone. But why would Lily use the fake cell phone when she can take mine?



The girls are starting to climb on everything. They love to climb onto the couch and any chair. They also learned to climb into their baby swing. With this new ability has come a lot more baby proofing on my part. Yet they still seem to find things I don’t want them to have...
This is Lily after she found a little basket that I was keeping their Pacifiers in. She was more than a little excited. Lily thinks that a girl can never have too many.

Speaking of my little Lily... I am in need of some advice. Lily likes to bite. As soon as she is upset she sinks her teeth in to something- namely Ellie.

on the tummy...

on the leg...

even on the back.

My poor Ellie. But Ellie likes to push so Lily isn’t the only one getting in trouble.


What have you done with a kid that bites to make them stop?

I’m in need of some help here.

Even with all the baby fighting going on these girls sure do love each other.


6 comments:

Mindy said...

Lily, Lily, Lily.....biting is no good. Julia has a permanent scar on her chest where Cameron bit her once. :( Cameron was a lot older than your girls but we used/use a little spray bottle (I bought it in the travel cosmetics aisle) and filled it with Listerine. We call it the "Yucky" When you bite you get a spray in the mouth. We also used it when Cam was in his phase of screaming. That is my two cents. Hope it might help. By the way...LOVE the halloween costumes. You made them? You put me to shame.

Brooke Monk said...

How do you do it all Amy? You're amazing. So, when I was little I was a biter too. My mom's solution-a quick pop to the mouth. Not enough to really hurt, but enough to associate punishment with the mouth that's doing the biting. I wish I had more advice!

Sarah said...

OH my goodness. Bad biting. Bad pushing. Play nice for Mommy! I love your costumes. So fun.

Jessica said...

Cute costumes! Isn't it fun dressing up twins for Halloween?! They are just so cute!
As far as the biting goes, Jacob did that a few times and we stopped that pretty quickly by doing timeouts. I know they are little but he understood that being put in the corner away from everyone was not fun. Have you ever watched the show supernanny? She's awesome and her timeout methods works really well.
Anyway, good luck!

Savannah said...

Hey, Amy! So glad to see you and your family are going so well! My mom took in foster babies for a while. One thing she did to kids who wouldn't stop biting was she would put their arm in her mouth ad bite just hard enough for it to be uncomfortable for them. Then, she would explain how biting hurts others. I don't know if that will help you or not!

Sterling said...

At Kiersti's work in Utah she and the other adults had spray bottles with either vinegar or listerine (switch it up if they end up biting just to get a spray of one or the other) and from what I understand the punishment of a spray to the mouth was done immediately after the offense so the kids understood that biting (and not something else) equaled instant yucky/stinging to the mouth. I'm mean I know, but I thought it was so funny to see these kids bite then get sprayed in the mouth and start to cry and then do it again as if to test if the biting really was the cause for the yucky taste.

-Sterling