This is my 100th blog. It's pretty sad that it took me this long to get to 100. With hope the next 100 will come a lot faster. :) Here is what we have been up to!
Last weekend Chad got Saturday off so we made a last minuet trip to Nauvoo! I had never been and it happened to be the last day of the pageant that they do! Lily and Ellie had a great time dressing up like pioneers, and looking at all the cool stuff. We stayed in an old house called the "white house". It really wasn't to bad and was pretty cheap. Ellie found the book of Mormon in the night stand a wanted to read. It was pretty cute.
(to see the pictures better just click on them and it will make it big)
We got to play a bunch of games and see some amazing sights. We even ran into a couple from our ward, the Hancock's from the 1st ward (our old ward in Des Moines), and also TWO couples from one of our wards in Rexburg! The pageant was beautiful. I am really glad I got to see it. I hope we can go again next year.
The next day we went to Carthage Jail. Wow. Defiantly somewhere I would recommend going. The only thing I would change it to not have to take Lily and Ellie next time... either that or just have them not crying and running around the whole time.
**********
***********
Ever seen this painting?
Thought so.
Did you know this is in Iowa?
Now you do.
Have you ever been there?
We have.
One place checked off of our list of things we need to do while we live in Iowa.
We are going to Utah and Idaho in a few days. I am super excited but not excited about the drive. Before we go there is something we have to do- Lily has to get her hair cut. :( She is still pulling and it looks like she is half bald. I've tried combing it different but it doesn't help. We are hoping that once her hair is gone she will not have anything to pull and will grow out of it and not pull it when it grows back. It is really heart breaking. I am going to dress her in pink dresses all the time so people wont think she is a boy.
Side with hair.
Side without hair.
p.s. On a happier note my husband loves me and got me a half hour message the other day and it was wonderful! Thank you Chad!!!!!




6 comments:
OH Lily's hair is sad ... :( Dresses are good, though. I love those photos from your trip. Esp the American Gothic ones. TOO FUNNY!!!
Aww, I just love those girls! They're too cute! I need to come visit.
well, we both know what THAT means if Chad gave you a massage, wink wink.
Oh Lily! That is so sad to see. When I was small I did the same thing. (I am not sure to what degree) Hopefully she will grow out of it. Looks like Nauvoo was fun. I love it there!
haha I love the farmer photos.
Poor Lily! That little girl must have a very high tolerance for pain!
I used to be in your ward and i stumbled across your blog and saw the hair pulling and it broke my heart. If she pulls out her hair when she is watching TV it could be something called Trichotelemania. Just google it and see what you think
Post a Comment