We have been enjoying fall here in Iowa.
To kick things off we had Chad's birthday September 10th! Birthdays are not very fun when you get old- Chad had to work that day.
One day we went out to see the pretty trees. We got in the car and drove around. We made a quick stop to let the girls play at a park. Some time I will have to share a funny story from when we were there.
This is the view from to top of the Saylorville reservoir. You can see the little downtown Des Moines in the background.
Before we knew it the leafs were off the trees in our front yard and getting everywhere. The kids love to play in them...
Including the big kid...
Chad is such a great Dad.
Speaking of Chad being a great Dad- while listening to General Conference Chad did all of our hair in curlers. He has done this for me in the past because I can't do it to myself very well. We also really wanted to see what Lily and Ellie's hair would look like.
Ellie's hair was still a little wet so we will have to try it again another day.
Lily's was super funny. The next day it was really cute because it left her with some great volume!
I forgot to take a picture of my hair but it was nothing fancy :)
There have been some pretty cold days already. One morning after I got dressed Lily and Ellie saw I was wearing a scarf and they insisted they needed them also.
What a fun season. The warm weather has held out a little more so we are back T shirts for now. There are still a few fun autumn things we are looking forward to like Halloween! :) I TRY and keep up to date with the blog.
2 comments:
Love, love, love these pictures! Especially Chad and the girls in the leaves. Great memories!
Chad is such a great dad. Wow. These girlies are so cute in their scarves. And I love, love, love fall too. Driving around this time of my year is my fave too! And about that funny story... please tell.
Post a Comment