Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I'mmmm Baaaaaccckkkk!

Why hello there. It's me Amy. Remember me? Didn't think so- it's been way too long. This will be my lame attempt to try and catch up on the last almost 4 months.
 
We moved! Right now we are living with Chad's family in Pennsylvania. There are 10 of us in the house so things are never boring. Lily and Ellie are having the time of their lives getting to play with their cousins every day. Chad is job searching and has been doing a ton of work on the house (I'll have to do a whole post on the things he has done!) I have been enjoying doing lots of crafts with my Mother and sister in-law.
 
I'll try to hit up some of the main things that have happened since we moved here.
 
Quick warning- there will be lots of pictures. :)
 
We had a lot of fun playing with Grandpa's sail boat!
 My in-laws out on the boat.
 When we go out we would bring the kayaks along and have a lot of fun.
 We did some swimming too!
 
We also went out on the boat in a little part of the Chesapeake Bay. As we were coming about we tipped to the side a little too much and Lily fell out. It was a little hectic but Chad went in after her and everything turned out fine. She is so funny and still tells us how "Dad saved her in the pool." 
 
Lily and Ellie started Kindergarten!
 
 My cute girls!
 This picture pretty much sums up Ellie and Andie's relationship.
 The girls go to half day kindergarten and they get to take the bus to school in the morning!
 On their way to the first day of school!
 
They have been learning so much and have made some friends. Their teachers keep changing however because they both had babies!
 
Right after school started we took a trip to New York to go see Palmyra. It was my first time there and I loved it.
 
On the way there we saw this truck with a cardboard license plate. Pretty classy.
 
 The Whitmer farm
 We stayed at a property that our church owns called The Lake Seneca camp. The camp has a big guest house that we stayed in. It was really beautiful there and I really would like to go back.
 
They have canoes, kayaks, and paddle boats that you can use out on the lake.  
Lily and Ellie watching a movie with Nana and uncle Ian. 
Perry (my father in-law) ended up being dared to eat a whole banana with the peal on. It was pretty gross/awesome to watch.   
After the kids were put to bed we went out for a little midnight swim :) 
Lookin' good Heather and Kyle:
 
Here we go!
 They girls about to go in!
 For the sake of my own embarrassment I'll leave out the rest of the pictures from that swim. It was a super fun night.
 
 The next day we went and saw the sights in Palmyra.
 
We saw the place where the book of Mormon was printed.
 
 Alvin Smith's grave sight.
 
Hill Commorah 
 Everyone in our group.
 
 Smith's log cabin.
The Sacred Grove.  
 
 It was amazing to just take some time and sit in the grove to just think.
 
 
It was such a fun trip. I love getting to see church history sights.
 
I have more to post but for now this will do. Stay tuned for a camping trip and an amazing performance by Heather and I at the ward talent show! :)  

No comments: