"I cannot go to school today,"Said little Peggy Ann McKay,"I have the measles and the mumps,A gash, a rash, and purple bumps.My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,I'm going blind in my right eye.My tonsils are as big as rocks,I've counted sixteen chicken poxAnd there's one more--that's seventeen,And don't you think my face looks green?My leg is cut, my eyes are blue--It might be instamatic flu.I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,I'm sure that my left leg is broke--My hip hurts when I move my chin,My belly button's caving in,My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,My 'pendix pains each time it rains.My nose is cold, my toes are numb,I have a sliver in my thumb.My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,I hardly whisper when I speak.My tongue is filling up my mouth,I think my hair is falling out.My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,My temperature is one-o-eight.My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,There is a hole inside my ear.I have a hangnail, and my heart is--what?What's that? What's that you say?You say today is---Saturday?G'bye, I'm going out to play!" ~Shel Silverstein~
Blah. I have strep throat and it is AWEFUL! I can hardly swallow and my neck muscles are super tense. I do feel better than I have in the past two days but that’s not saying much. Chad started his first day of work today (woo-hoo!) so I am home with the girls alone for the first time. So far so good. The only thing hard is to stay away from them until I’m not contagious any more. Could you imagine that? Two babies with strep? Yuck- no thanks.
Blah. I have strep throat and it is AWEFUL! I can hardly swallow and my neck muscles are super tense. I do feel better than I have in the past two days but that’s not saying much. Chad started his first day of work today (woo-hoo!) so I am home with the girls alone for the first time. So far so good. The only thing hard is to stay away from them until I’m not contagious any more. Could you imagine that? Two babies with strep? Yuck- no thanks.
Just a few things I forgot to say in my last post… LILY CAN CRAWL!!! YEE-HAW! She started the day after father’s day! This makes me very happy and worry a lot less!
****I have a video of her to put here but it won't finish processing. So I will put it later.***
They both got their first tooth within two days of each other! I tried to get pictures but they won’t let me. I might get one another day when they are feeling more cooperative.
I didn’t know one year olds throw tantrums. Ellie is doing it all the time now. She will get mad and start to cry. She them crawls away from you pretends to fall while crawling then put her face in the floor. (In this video she even included a nice leg kick.)
They also got their one year shots and blood drawn the other day. Heart break hotel. They still have bruises on their arms! My poor babies, I hate shots myself so watching them get them is awful.
7 comments:
That video is so cute, funny and sad at the same time!
Amy,
I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. It's not fair when Mom is sick because everything still has to happen.
When I started having trouble uploading video directly to blogger, I did some research and was told to upload them to YouTube and then embed the code in to the blog. I hate doing it, but that seems to be the only thing that works anymore for me. Here's the article that tells you how to do it. http://www.blogdoctor.me/2009/03/create-custom-youtube-video-player.html. Hope this works for you better than waiting forever for the video to try to post on blogger.
Aren't girls funny? Emily started tantrums early too. It's cute to see their little personalities come out. I loved the video-it broke my heart but made me laugh too. i miss you!!
yeah, what is it with one-year old temper tantrums? I have started to read The Happiest Toddler on the Block and it is interesting. TODDLERS! Ack! And PLEASE get feeling better. So sad to be sick. And YEah for Chad's job. That is GREAT news.
So cute! It's hard not to laugh when they throw tantrums, i have the same problem!
I hope that you get feeling better soon- I can't even imagine having strep throat. Yuch. That video was hilarious, I will have to show Kyle when he gets home.
Get better ASAP!!
That is the CUTEST temper tantrum I have ever seen! Seriously!
Post a Comment