The other day the girls were into everything- and when they weren’t into everything… they were crying. They hid their pacifiers and Lily’s glasses and it took me 45 minutes to find them. I am so sick of looking for things that they hide! So when I woke up yesterday morning I made a quick decision that it was time for the pacifiers to go.
At first I was just going to take them away during the day and let them have then at nap/night time but Chad and I talked about it and we went cold turkey. I was nervous but to be completely honest- so far so good. There really hasn’t been any more crying then there always is and they go down to sleep just fine! In fact Lily slept better last night than she has in a few weeks.
I guess they were ready for them to go.
Maybe it was me who wasn’t- my babies are getting big.
Maybe it was me who wasn’t- my babies are getting big.

7 comments:
I hate it when Hazel runs off with something like the tv remote or our keys. I can totally relate to searching for something for forever like that. In fact, I think we're still missing a remote to our DVD player. Hopefully it'll turn up one day. =D
I'm glad that they seem okay so far without their pacifiers. Habits can be hard to break, but it sounds like they're handling it well. Keep up the good work!
Maybe I should try it too.... I guess I am not ready either. Maybe tomorrow. Ha ha.
yay no binkies!!
Good work brave woman! Glad it is going well so far!
BRAVE WOMEN! I am so glad to hear that it is going well. Some kids are easier than others getting rid of it. Natalie no problem. Cameron on the other hand, midnight runs to the store at age 3 1/2. Seriously.
Hooray! Way to hop on the no pacifier train! It's great! And it feels sooo good not having to worry about taking it away when they're like, 3! Ahh, the horror!
Those pictures just kill me...they have grown up SO much! Are you dying for another baby? I am. =)
Good for you- I don't think that I will be ready for that for a long time. I (we) rely in it so much. Some day though.
Post a Comment