Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lepidopterophobia

So today I learned about a new bug.

As a little background information for those who don’t know- I am afraid of butterflies. I know. It’s weird, but true. Butterflies and moths…ok butterflies, moths and sometimes dragonflies.
A.K.A. Lepidopterophobia







Just so you know if I ever saw this thing I would cry and run away





Yet today at a get together with some people in my ward I asked what bird or bug or animal made the loud noise that I hear. I was told they are Cicadas.
Never living in the Midwest before- and not being a big fan of bugs- I didn’t know anything about them. We talked about them for a little, the party ended and we came home. I thought it would be interesting to learn a little more about them, so what do I do? I look them up online. Bad idea.




Do you see how huge that thing is?!?!? UGGGGG! Just what I needed- something new to add to my fear of flying bugs. My skin is creeping just thinking about it. Yuck.


Ps. Now I am going to have nightmares from looking these pictures up.

7 comments:

Amy Renee said...

Yeah, when I was in Nebraska I stepped on one of those. In my bare feet. Mmhmm...gross...

MarieC said...

We had cicadas in Las Vegas when I was growing up. They would molt and leave their skins all over the porch of my house. Ewwwwww!

Mindy said...

That is so gross! If I saw that I would run. Flying bugs give me the creeps too. I would have to say butterlies aren't my favorite either but I can stand them as long as they are in no danger of touching me.

the Petterson Family said...

Ew! I agree, that is pretty gross!


I love the look of butterflies, but I could never really hold one, because that fact that it's a bug, still kind of freaks me out.

Aubrey Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

You are just so hilarious. I am rolling on the ground laughing!!!

The Wi Family said...

Eww... I've never heard of anyone being afraid of butterflies but if I saw one of those things I'd run too! We have had run ins with the Cicadas which are so nasty!!! When we lived in Kansas one was staring up at me when I opened my washing machine to do a laundry switch. I had to have Bryce get it out I was so freaked out.