Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Peer pressure.

My little sister Laura pointed out that all of my sisters have updated their blogs within the last two days. (hint, hint) So here it is Laura... my trip to Idaho/Utah in pictures...

17 hours is a long time in the car but Lily and Ellie did SO good! They had a DVD player to watch (thank you Nana and the Shaffer's!) which helped a lot. On the way home Lily had a little bit of a hard time because she has 3 molars and a tooth coming in... OUCH!

We got to meet our new Conger cousin Kacen Raleigh Conger! He is so cute and we just love him! He looks just like his Dad. I loved getting to hang out with my sister-in-law Heather- I really miss having them so close. Congrats Kyle and Heather- he is adorable and you two are doing great!


I got to spend some time with my friend Brooke!! Oh man I miss her. Lily, Ellie and Emily had a great time playing together. Brooke and I stayed up until 3 AM talking , even though we knew the girls would be up by 7. There is nothing like talking to a great friend that you haven't seen in a long time.


We also got to spend a few nights at my sister Kara's house. What come can we say than We love cousins!!! Anna, Ashley and Jefferson were so great at helping me with the girls. I woke up one morning when Ellie started fussing to see that Lily was gone. Within a few seconds of Ellie crying Anna came in and told me she had Lily already and she was taking care of her. We love the Olander's!


It was a very fun trip! Since we got home the girls keep asking/talking about "Papa". They love Chad's Dad so much! Thank you Perry, Ian, Maddi and Ally for such a fun trip!
ps. you can click on the pictures to see them close up :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so glad you had such a fun time! It looks like it was worth the trip. What a sweet new baby, too.

Mindy said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip! You are a brave mom to drive that far with two kids and no dad.

Ashley Hancock said...

What a fun trip! Except the car ride! How do you do the picture collage and put in blogger? I need you help!

Danielle said...

Wow...17 hours with two little ones...I bet your patience is golden compared to mine. I LOVE the picture you put on your header! That is soooooo cute! You have such a sweet little family!

The Congers said...

Yeah Amy if you could e-mail me some pictures of me and Kacen that would be great. pepadell@yahoo.com

Brooke Monk said...

It was so much fun to see you! I just miss you tons and tons. The girls sure had a blast, and we need to get them together again soon! Love you tons!