Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Feliz Cumpleaños!

I've heard the words "Dora" so many times today I couldn't even keep track if I wanted. Why you might ask? Today was our Dora Birthday Fiesta!!!!

Can you believe these little ladies are two?!?! We started out the day very excited about the Dora decorations. Mostly the balloons.


After getting dressed in our new Dora shirts, I made them pose for pictures. This was a lot harder than you wold imagine. (hence Ellie holding my cell phone so she wont cry.) They have been super cranky the last few days because they have been very sick....maybe I'll blog about that later....


We played games, read books, and yes watched Dora.

After a few hours they realized there were more Dora things on the table...



We picked up Chad from work and got to do one of Ellie's favorite things- take a ride on the golf cart. Lily isn't a big fan of it.

We packed a hot dog dinner and went to the park to play!


We came home and opened all the fun presents!!! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Swany, Aunt Katie, and "Aunt" Amy! They love them all!

After that it was time for Cake! They didn't really get the blowing out of the candles. Maybe next year.

(Ellie Blowing)



Ellie wanted to burn down our house. (she didn't get hurt but it was a close call- she just moved so fast!)

Yum! Dora cake!

Chad helped me make the cake! It turned out pretty good! Her hair, eyes, nose and mouth are chocolate and her face is frosting!



Then we put on some AWESOME Dora Tattoo's....

Put on our new Dora pajamas....


and it was time for bed.

I am Dora-ed out. I think I need a Dora break, and I'll get one- until about 8am tomorrow.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute cake, see I knew you would do it. Mom
ps. cute girls too

Kara said...

Looks like you guys had a very fun day. The cake turned out very good. Happy Birthday girls. We love you!

Candace said...

Wow, can't believe they're 2 either!!!! Tell our kids to stop growing up!! What a cute party/day! And an aDORAble cake!!!

Kierstin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kierstin said...

Happy birthday Lily, happy birthday Ellie! We hope it was super fantastico (thats right, I speak spanish, didn't you know?)!!! We love you!

Dani W said...

Awe how cute!!! I love the decorations and their PJ!!! You did such an awesome job on the cake... looks great and delicious! :) Glad to see the girls had a good birthday despite being super sick! :)

The O'Brien Blog said...

Amy you are such a great mommy! I love the cake-sorry I didn't end up coming to eat it!!! :( I love how you enjoy your girls! You guys are so awesome!!! :) Happy birthday Lily and Ellie! :) P.S. love the pic of Ellie at the park!

MarieC said...

They are so cute, Amy, and what a fun way for them to spend their birthday. You get extra blessings in heaven for enduring a Dora Day, I'm sure!!

Kari Cheney said...

Alexis loves Dora too. She has those exact pj's. Good job on the cake!!

Danielle said...

hahah- oh my. Dora craziness everywhere! Looks like they had an awesome day! What a good mom you are!

Amy Renee said...

You are such an amazing mommy! What a great fun party! Glad they like the instruments! :)