Friday, July 9, 2010

yuck.


Lily and Ellie got sick on Sunday night. Lily threw up about every 20 minuets from 10pm until about 2:30am. It was a very long night- and in the morning we found that Ellie had also thrown up but just went back to sleep. They both had upset stomachs and wont eat anything.

I thought they were feeling better on their birthday, but I was wrong. Ellie threw up more and Lily was still not eating anything. Finally after being thrown up on countless times, doing who knows how many loads of laundry, and cleaning the carpet a million times this morning they seemed to do ok. Grumpy but ok- they even ate breakfast. After their naps I got them up and changed some disgusting diapers I sat them down with some milk to make them lunch. I bet you can guess what happened. Ellie puked all over the couch. I gave in and took them to the doctor and he gave us a prescription for some meds that would calm their tummy's down so they would eat something (they have probably lost about 2 pounds.... and when that's 10% of your body weight it isn't good.) After that things went ok until right before bed. Both girls threw up (Lily in the car on the way home, and Ellie when we were trying to give her her medicine.) So I get to do more laundry and give more baths, and clean the carpet some more.

What a glamorous life I live.

5 comments:

Amy Renee said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry! Did the doctor say anything about what's going on? Is it the flu and has to run it's course? When the girls are napping, give me a call if you need to talk. I hope the girls feel better soon! You're a great mommy!!!

Sarah said...

Oh man, Amy. I have never really dealt with throw up much, so I am sorry. Hey, at least everything is going to be REALLY clean by the time this is over.

The Congers said...

Is everyone feeling better yet?

Brooke Monk said...

I miss you Amy!! I wish we could've been there for the girls' birthday-It was so cute! And way to go with the cake I'm impressed! I can't believe they're two...where has time gone? I hope everyone's feeling better, I know how miserable it is with one sick kid I can't imagine doing it with two bless your heart! I wish we lived close so I could be there to be a second hand in situations like that! I love you tons and tons!!!!

Jessica said...

Oh man. Yuck. That's the life of twins. They both get sick at the same time. I hope they are feeling better now!