Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas, etc.

December 2010

A little while ago my sister Mindy posted a blog about her Christmas tree. It mostly showed the cute quirks it had because her kids decorated it. So Mindy the first part of this post is for you:

First we have to have a little tree on our table so the girls can't get to the small ornaments. (Yes- it's mostly decorated with pine cones.)

Here is our tree in all it's glory. Now unlike Mindy's tree I did the decorating- Lily and Ellie however did the re-decorating.

Some of the highlights of the tree are: the fact there are only ornaments on the top half the tree, and the lopsided star from the tree being pulled on:


But my favorite part is that on the bottom of the tree all the lights have been pulled off the branches. Just lovely.


Maybe next year the girls will be old enough to want to help decorate... and then not destroy it.

In other news:

Lily got new glasses!


It snowed

Chad got a bowl of snow for the girls to play with ...

and eat.



This year for Christmas we stayed home with just our little family. We managed to keep entertained...


We got to do some fun family traditions!

Yes, we have a teddy bear Joseph, a Sheep for a shepherd, and two giraffes and a snowman as wise men.
Lily as Mary

Ellie as the Angel

We rang our bells at 8:00!

When we woke up in the morning Santa had left some super fun toys!



Lily and Ellie like always got very spoiled. They are very lucky to have so many people who love them and sent them gifts!

Some of the biggest hits were: The Chipmunk's that Aunt Katie sent

The reader from Nana and Papa

The pillow pets from Grandma and Grandpa, and the animals Santa left in their stockings!

We had a great Christmas and hope you all did too!

3 comments:

Kara said...

I enjoy seeing all of your trees. I will have to blog the story of ours. Cute glasses Lily! Looks like you all had a fun Christmas. Miss you guys.

Mindy said...

Thanks for the shout out! Love the Christmas lights hanging--I've been there! Looks like you had a fun Christmas. I love how you guys keep yourselves entertained!

The Congers said...

I am so happy to see you had a great Christmas! I know it was probably partly sad being away from family but it was probably pretty fun doing your traditions. As always the girls are so cute, and we loved the pictures you sent us and the movie and the iTunes card, thanks!