This past week we have been sick... again. We didn't go anywhere for a whole week- so by yesterday afternoon we were all going a little bit crazy. (Mostly me)
After talking to my sister Katie I decided we needed to get out of the house so we went to the library, which is inside the mall just across the street from our house. Boy, oh , boy am I glad we went!
I knew it was Dr. Seuss' birthday but I didn't know they were having a huge party at the mall right when we got there! We got to do a bunch of fun things (free fun thing !)
We got to meet "Cat the hat" as Lily says
Colored pictures!
We got cookies, free books, T-shirts (because we had a library card!), suckers, book marks, we listened to a children's choir, played pin the green eggs on Sam-I-Am's tray... and a bunch of other stuff! But best of all we got hats!
When we got home we ate dinner and read some Dr. Seuss books (while wearing our hats) and then it was bed time!
I am very thankful for a fun night- we really needed it.
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!


3 comments:
glad that you were able to get out of the house. Looks like you guys had a good time.
how fun! we celebrated dr. seuss' birthday at our library...but it wasn't nearly as cool as yours! i'm glad things seem to be on the up and up for you guys. poor little things, i hate it when kids are sick!
What?!?!?! You got all that fun stuff for free! Man our library was having a party too now that you mentioned that, and I sure I hope I didn't miss out on freebies that cool. Get better!!!
Post a Comment