Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Sunny Mothers Day Weekend

Sorry the the delay in posts lately! I'll try to keep up on it!



Mothers day weekend we had beautiful weather! The Sun was out and it was nice and warm. Chad had worked a few longer days at the start of the week so we got to play with him early on the weekend! We started with doing one of our favorite things, flying the kite!





Ellie





Lily





They have such a fun time with the $3 barbie kite we have. They do tend to let go if the wind pulls too hard- Chad thinks it's really funny to watch me fun after it.





Us at the park after kite flying!


I have been working with the girls on colors, shapes, numbers, letters, and counting. The best way I have found to make it fun for the girls is to go outside and use the sidewalk chalk.





The girls are also very jealous of the neighbors lawn- we don't have the "pretty flowers" like they do.






Yeah. I wanted to make some daisy chains but there are no daisy's, so we made dandelion chains.

We spent one evening at a fun place not to far from us called Saylorville Lake. It is a big dam with a reservoir and river. They have camping there and lots of places for picnics and stuff like that. The girls had a great time with their Dad. We can't wait to go camping with them this year!





Pretending to fish!





By the loud Dam









Such cute girls!



For Mother's day I was completely spoiled! Lily and Ellie made me picture frames in nursery (which I made) and colored a picture of me as a princess.





Chad got me into a class to learn how to use my camera better! I've been wanting to go so I was super excited! The class was so much fun and I learned a lot!





Another thing I have been wanting for a long time is a bocce ball set! This one is super nice and we have played a few times already. Right now Chad and I are tied with one win each... I have a feeling this will be a life long tournament.





Along with my Mother's day gifts Chad gave me this...




Let me explain. While Chad's family was here they bought some fish for Chad to eat. He loves the stuff and I hate fish. I don't eat it therefore Chad never gets it. Being the kind people his parents are, whenever they come out they get him some. One night Chad had cooked up some Mahi Mahi and was enjoying it. I was gagging over the smell so Chad got a piece on his fork and said he would give me $10 if I ate it. I said no and he continued to up the bet. When he said he would give me $50 if I ate it- I grabbed it and ate it. Being the great husband he is- he paid up.


If you can't read it, it says :




Amy S. Conger


Knowing when to accept a bet :)


Amy Conger won $50.00 cash to spend on whatever she wants for eating a piece of mahi mahi fish!!!


signed Chad Conger

5 comments:

Kara said...

Ahh the things that we will do for money. It also doesn't hurt that you are getting older and acquiring new likes :0)Looks like a good mothers day!

Monk Family said...

You guys always seem to have so much fun! Man, I wonder how much you could've gotten out of him when we ate the rattlesnake...

Sarah said...

That is SO Chad. Hil-ar-ious! I love the girls flying kites in their adorable skirts, love the dandelion chains which I adored as a child, and your sidewalk hopscotch looks much better than mine. When are we going to play bocce ball?

Aubrey Scott said...

your girls are adorable. I hope to meet them someday. oh and I hate fish too. you should have asked for more money

Mindy said...

Looks like you had a fun day. What is up with the shorts and tank tops? We are jealous. We just wnat to break 60 degrees around here. Geez.