Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Girls Camp!

So the week of the 4th of July I got to go to girls camp! For those who don't know- it's a church camp for girls 12-18. I was nervous because I had never left Lily and Ellie longer then 6 hours before, but Chad was able to get the week off work so he could be with them. I even missed their birthday (the 7th) but they had a lot of fun with their Dad (more on that in my next post).


The theme this year was B.U.G.S. (Bringing Up Girls Spiritually) I really had a fun time other then the millions of bug bites. I would literally put bug spray on every hour and still was eaten alive. They asked me to be the camp photographer too! (a little intimidating because I don't consider myself a photographer- just someone who has a nice camera!)


All of the girls!

Our unit (ward) was the biggest with 20 girls. We had even more but some couldn't make it last minuet. Our unit name was the Hungry Caterpillars! These girls are just so much fun- I am so glad I got to know them all better.


3rd Ward!


Silly girls :)

I grew up going to girls camp and was so excited to go back. It was different from the camp I went to, but still a ton of fun. There is just something about being with a group of young women away from the cares of the world that really lets you learn more about who you are.


Some of my 1st and 2nd years

It was great to see all the hard work and planning that we put into camp pay off. The camp directors did such a good job and I know that the girls really had a great time.



I was telling one of the other leaders that at the camp I went to growing up we all braided our hair in little braids for the week and that I am very quick at braiding... She then told the girls this. I didn't have to do little braids on them but I sure did a TON of inside-out french braids. I probably spent a good 7-8 hours doing and re-doing hair. I was happy to do it because I know the girls liked it and I didn't' want anyone to feel left out.


Love these girls! (you can see some of the many braids)


I made some great friends and I would love to go back next year!

4 comments:

Amy Renee said...

Oh the memories! You probably spent 7-8 hours braiding my hair at camp, too. ;)

Monk Family said...

Looks like you had a blast! Our girls camp is next week and I can't wait! It's been so long since I've been to girls camp. Hopefully we still have it-I guess they've had a big bear problem up where we're going!! Miss you and love you tons!

ps-I'll be calling you this evening. My family's been here so I haven't had a chance to call you!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great time!

Ryan, Marilyn, and Karalee said...

hey it's Marilyn from Melaleuca! I totally stocked you on facebook and found your blog! Your little girls are toooo cute! Just thought I would say hi and see what you guys are up to these days!