Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Everyone else is doing it...

My sisters all have been so good at blogging that it has inspired me to do the same! (Which is a good thing because I have a lot to catch up on... as always.)

We had the pleasure of having Chad's family come to visit us! Normally they come for Easter but we had to move the trip up a little this year so we could see Ian before he left on his mission! Ian is now serving in Brazil!
While they were here we did fun stuff! We went to the mall on Dr. Seuss day!
 Maddison and I got a little carried away after getting some $1 fake eyelashes. Some how we ended up looking like this:
 Amazing. I know. We thought my look would be complete with a leather jacket.
and Maddi made a great Snooki. :)
Lily and Ellie love Uncle Ian! 
Hipster Ellie 
Traditional family photo right before the family leaves! We had a great time with them here and can't wait to see more family. We just wish it wasn't so long in between visits!  

I can't believe the wonderful weather we have had this year!*
There have been many days over 80 degrees and we have been enjoying every single one! We have gone to the park, gone on walks, Lily and Ellie even got big girl bikes! 
Day at the zoo! What beautiful girls!


One fantastic thing is that CHAD IS DONE WITH CLASSES! We still have an internship and a cap-stone project to do before we are 100% finished but it is a huge relief for Chad to not have anymore homework, tests or classes to go to anymore!

EASTER!
With this being the first Easter in 3 years that we were without Chad's family we tried to make it really fun. We even dyed eggs!  (Ellie's face in this picture is so funny) 
 Some how we ended up with dyed hands to go along with our eggs.
The dye only lasted a few days but don't worry Lily had her blue pointer finger completely clean the next morning from sucking it.
 The Easter bunny came!
He left dresses, candy, the 3rd Alvin and the chipmunks movie and some puppets! 
Ellie hunting eggs. 
Lily very excited about her eggs. 

* Here is where I eat my words. Yes we have been having wonderful weather but because of the mild winter, and warm spring we are bound to have lots of spring storms. Last week we were under a tornado watch (not warning just a watch) with high winds, and big thunderstorms. We were relaxing on Saturday evening watching a movie when the power went out. No power plus lots of rain for us means one thing- flooding in the basement. With the help of our neighbors and a generator we were able make it so the flooding wasn't too terrible. Still a lot of wet carpet but not as bad as it has been in the past. I think we are in for a long tornado season.

I guess the one plus of it all is Lily and Ellie think when the power is out that we are camping; and we sure do love camping.

4 comments:

MarieC said...

Amy, where in Brazil is your bro-in-law serving? Eldon leaves for Brazil CTM on July 31 (we hope--if the visa comes through in time). He'll be in the Londrina mission. (email me at marie (at) 4cummings (dot) net or message me on FB)

Your girls are too cute! And congrats to Chad on being done with classes. What an awesome milestone!

Monk Family said...

I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kara said...

SO glad that you updated your blog. I love to see pictures of your family. Hope to see you soon!

Sarah said...

What a fun Easter. And family time. I love your makovers. Too funny. And that photo of the girls with Uncle Ian is too classic... a definite keeper.