Friday, July 12, 2013

Pony Party!

Lily and Ellie are 5 years old!

Last Saturday we had a really fun pony birthday party! I was so lucky to have so much help- I've never done a kids party this big and was a little nervous, but it all turned out great! My Mother-in-law, sisters-in-law, Heather and Maddison, and nephew and niece came all the way to Iowa from Pennsylvania! They were stopping in as they continue to Utah. It worked out so great to have them here, and I know that Lily and Ellie though it was pretty cool to have some family here for their birthday!

My wonderful neighbor and great friend Kim made the cake! She let the girls pick the color of their cake and all I did was paint the rainbow. (I had to steal this picture from Kim's Facebook because mine got all messed up.) It was super yummy and everyone loved the frosting :)
She even made cupcakes! 
We had ponies everywhere! Again I was lucky to have help setting up! Heather and Maddi  helped me hang a ton of balloons from the ceiling and put up all the streamers. We had ponies on the walls, ponies on the shelves, ponies all over!
 We ended up with about 12 kids. It was pretty crazy because my house isn't very big. 
 We played with toys, and played some games like alligator ring toss 
and pin the cutie mark on Pinkie Pie!
 We sang happy birthday to Lily and Ellie and got to eat cake and ice cream!
 
It was so loud in my little house but as soon as the cake and ice cream was handed out it was silent. :) 

Lily and Ellie got so many new toys! What spoiled little girls. 

After opening presents we played some game outside. Tag, duck,duck, goose, ring around the rosie, and red light green light!
 
 After that our friends went home. The girls had a great time and are already talking about next years birthday party... 

I know I've said this like a million times but if it went for Chad, Kim, Heather, Maddison, and Valarie I would have been in way over my head! Thank you all so much!

Sunday was Lily and Ellie's actual birthday! Their wore their new dresses they got from Nana and Papa to church. They even gave the talk, scripture and prayer in primary!
 
After church it was hot so we played with our cousins in the pool for a while! 
I love this one: 
Even Andie was into it :) 
 
Lily put to use her new knee/elbow pads: 
 This wild animal falls all time so she really needed these!
Ellie spent the day in her new "ballet" playing with the Lalaloopsy dolls from Kim. 

It's hard to believe that my babies are so big now. Chad and I are so lucky to have such special little girls. They make us so happy! We love you Lily and Ellie!

P.S.
Do you think we have enough ponies now? 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I thought I might get the girls a pony, but now I guess I don't need too. Haha! Happy birthday to these two lovely ladies.