Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Crafts!

I love doing crafts. I find really cute ideas online and try to find ways that I can do them. I start a lot of them but I am not so good at the finishing part. About two months ago I started to make the girls quiet books for church. I would work on it then forget about it for a week or so. A few weeks ago I FINALY finished… one. One more to go.


Lily's

Button flowers


Braid hair, and learn colors


Puzzle with numbers

They like it a lot. Hopefully it won’t fall apart.

I have also had a sudden interest in cakes. I have never decorated or made cakes before so I thought I would try.


Cake.


Fondant.


Finished.


Eh. I think I will take classes at the local craft store sometime.

12 comments:

Janel said...

Wow...your cake looks so professional! It looks like your a natural at it.

Anonymous said...

Good job Amy, looks like you have the basics down. I can help you if you if you have questions.

Love you,

Kara

Danielle said...

Wow! Everything looks GREAT! I want to take a cake decorating class SO BAD! That cake looks AWESOME! Seriously- so good! I love those books too! SUCH a cute idea! Perfect for church!

Julia said...

Awesome job at the cake, where did you learn to do it??

Kelly Spence said...

Cool! You do nice work!

Amy said...

Everyone- Thanks!

Julia- I learned how to make the fondant on the internet. I need a better recipe for the butter cream frosting that goes underneath- and I needed to roll the fondant thinner. (that way it will taste better)

Kara- I would love your help making the girls birthday cake while we are in Utah!! 

Anonymous said...

call me I have the BEST buttercream recipe. Did you make the fondant out of marshmellows? Sp?

kara

Candace said...

What site did you use for the quiet books? OH my...I LOVE it!!!! And cute, cute cake. I haven't used fondant yet. Sure looks like fun!

Amy Renee said...

You're the cutest mommy in the world!

Sarah said...

Cutest cake ever. It looks just like you! And I love your "quiet books" I need to make me one of those. Yikes.

Mindy said...

Cute books! You will have to tell me what site you got your idea from. Although I am never good at starting the craft. :(

You are brave with the fondant! I have been watching Cake Boss episodes on TLC this past week (Have you ever seen it?) and love watching the cakes being made. Fun.

Jessica said...

LOVE the book idea. I definitly need to do something for my boys like that. They have been going nuts in church lately!
Your cake is soo cute! You've inspired me to try that sometime! :)