This weekend we took Lily and Ellie camping for the first time! We went to a place a little north of us called Jester Park. We haven't been camping in a while so we were very excited to go!
Chad got the girls some sleeping bags/backpacks that are just so dang cute. They almost fall over when they have them on.
Growing up my family had what we called the Beaver Club- you had to carry your own sleeping bag to be a member. The tradition continues in our family with what Chad has named the Cub Club :)
Ellie with her pack
Lily with her pack
I love camping. It is such a fun family thing. It is one of our favorite things to do together. I did however miss Idaho camping. It's not the same out here. One of the campgrounds that we looked at was literally a field with a few random trees with fire rings. I really miss the mountains and Yellowstone. (Not to mention our camping buddies the Monks!!)
Joel with Ellie who is very excited about something
The boys made a swing with a rope and some sticks. The kids loved it... and so did the big kids :)
Much better when Dad is in the water
I was a little nervous on how they would do sleeping in the tent but they did GREAT! (other than having a cough that woke them up- and the occasional need to move them back to their bag because the would move next to each other while asleep.)
We had fun and can't wait to go again! :)
3 comments:
how do you spell...YOU ARE DEAD MEAT AMY CONGER? lol. BTW... Spencer still needs to know what lenses you use!
So cute! I love seeing them with those big bags! Don't miss Idaho too much- it just snowed this weekend. Hoorah. No camping for us yet.
I love seeing a new post from you guys it just makes my day. The girls are so dang cute! we miss camping too we can't wait to go this summer. It really looks like a ton of fun. I hope we get to see you this summer at some point.
Post a Comment