Tuesday, May 4, 2010

So far behind...

In my last post I mentioned that my computer was having some problems. Well these small problems turned into my whole computer crashing. We finally got it up and running and I'm ready to catch everyone up to what has been going on with the Congers!!

The main thing that has been going on with us is our move! We are still in Des Moines- just a different part. So while Chad was working and in classes Lily, Ellie and I packed up all of our stuff:


Ellie packed this box:




We got movers to come do all of the hard work but still had to unpack everything. Lets just say it was a long day for everyone...

One of the best parts of our new place is the backyard. We share the yard with our neighbors (its a duplex)and they put balls and other fun things out for Lily and Ellie to play with- but the thing that they put out that the girls LOVE are our two new friends:



They don't have names yet but I'm sure they will soon. Lily and Ellie just call them "Ducks".

We love the ducks.


The only downfall of the backyard is now Chad has to mow. (I think he likes to do it so it's OK!)

Des Moines is beautiful right now. Sure there is some storms- but the sun is just so wonderful after such a crazy winter. On earth day we went to the Botanical Gardens with some people from our ward. It was awesome. Not much for tiny kids to do because they wanted to touch everything- but still some very beautiful things. They had some area with different book themes. After we were done there we went to look at a building that I have had my eye on since we moved here.


Alice in Wonderland



Where the Wild things Are



So pretty!

Awesome building


Des Moines!
Chad finished his semester a week after we moved. He did awesome again and still has straight A's!! Way to go Chad! He is taking the summer semester off so we can have a little break and so far we have had a ton of fun.
At the Zoo


Here is a little tour of our new place. Sorry it's so quick but as you can see from the end if I don't keep my eyes on thoses crazy monkeys of mine they get into things they shouldn't :)




I will be posting a lot in this coming week- I have a ton of pictures from things like Easter that I never got to put up so keep an eye out for that! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great duplex, you have lots of room! love mom

Hooker Family said...

Your new place is really nice and big, I bet you love all that space!

Mindy said...

Cute house!! Nice washer and dryer! Des Moines looks so pretty to me. Looks like your zoo is so cool. Wish we could go with you.

Laura said...

I love the ducks :) so fun :)

Spencer said...

amy... what's up!? got a random question for you.. what lens(es) do you use on your camera?