Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A nursery at last!

This past weekend Chad and I went down to Utah to visit family and shop! We had a really fun time and got some things to put the nursery together. The room we have for the babies was packed full of stuff - cleaning it out was not an easy task. It started out looking like this a few weeks ago…



Then we got a storage unit to put a lot of the stuff in, along with stuff from our storage closet outside because we had to move some of the thing from the room in there. It really looked like we were moving. I don’t know where we got all this stuff. Luckily our friends Brooke and Steve have a truck and they helped us move it all to the new storage unit.



Now we got to put up the crib (and put the cute bumper set in it), set up the pack n play (that will act as a bassinet for these little girls) put the changing table my sister Kara let us have together and just start to enjoy this little room. (Chad put the giraffes in the crib to play the part of the babies for now!)



We also got car seats from some friends of my sister- what a blessing. It really helped us save a lot of money. The stroller is in the closet for now. It’s big but has to hold two car seats! Also hanging in the closet are some dresses Chad got when I wasn’t with him. They are so cute. Chad is going to be a wonderful Dad.


And last is a new belly shot. I’m feeling huge even if it isn’t looking like it. Things are starting to really get hard to do. I’m now 27 weeks.


We had a great weekend and we are super excited for these babies.




9 comments:

Sarah said...

YAY!!!! I love the nursery (I have to admit that my fav part of the moving pics were the CLEAN SPOT boxes. Laugh & a half.) I totally know what you mean about things being hard to do. I just want to scrub the bathroom floor with a toothbrush, but it isn't going to happen!

Brooke Monk said...

Your nursery is so adorable! The crib set is even cuter when it's all set up in the crib. What a fun time-when everything starts coming together. You feel excited, overwhelmed, nervous and happier than you've ever been in your life. I can't wait to come see that nursery!

the Petterson Family said...

What a cute nursery! That is so cute that Chad bought some dresses for his girls! He is already wrapped around their fingers! Wish we could have been there to help!

Jessica said...

Hey Amy! You are looking great. Isn't it so fun to be able to put the babies room together? :)

Padilla Fam said...

i love the fun colors in the bedding. it looks great. i'm sure you are having double fun shopping for baby stuff.

Katherine said...

I am so excited for you guys! The nursery is way cute I am excited to see some pictures of these girls when they come!!!

Savannah said...

Wow! Your nursery looks great! (I think if we had to turn our second bedroom into a nursery, we would have to get a storage unit, too!) Anyway, I have a blog, too, but you have to be invited to it. So, email me at savannah.erekson@gmail.com so that I can send you an invite!

Del Bianco Family said...

Wow!! So much stuff, but so much fun. I'm so excited for you both. You look great too! The nursery looks adorable too.

Dani W said...

YAY! I am so happy for you and chad both to have such a great experience. Always a bonus that you get to enjoy the experience without the chaos of mass clutter and lack of space. lol. Your nursery is sooo cute and I am so happy for you guys. I cannot wait to finally see what these little girls are going to look like and who they are going to be. So happy for you hun.

D