October was a very fun month. It all started with a fun visit from Aunt Katie! One of the bad things about living in Iowa is that we don't get to see family as much as we would like- so it was wonderful to have Katie come stay with us for a week. We hung out a lot, went to the mall, ate some yummy food! The last full day Katie was here we wanted to go see some stuff that you can only see in Iowa. Our first stop?
The birth place of John Wayne.
:) It was a cute little house with a gift shop where you could buy anything John Wayne you would ever want.
The next stop was a little castle in city park.
It was pretty cool. The only problem we really ran into was that it ended up being 85 when I thought it was going to be a nice cool fall day. We also did a hedge maze at the park too :)
and the main event?
Ever see this movie?

Well that's where all of the things we did that day are at- Madison County Iowa. The bridges are really beautiful. There are 6 bridges but we stopped at 4 of them. (the other two were a little out of the way)
This cute stone bridge was perfect for pictures! (it is also in the movie)
Cutler-Donahue Bridge
Roseman Bridge (this is the main on in the movie)
4 comments:
SO what your saying that if its a movie with a field you have it covered? Lol
I haven't seen any of this! Looks like we need to take a roadtrip! Where is the little castle and hedge maze?
I am always so proud of you when you find the time to post! I love all the pictures.
Cool bridges!! I think I need to come and visit. :)
Post a Comment