Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So here is what happened…

Here is a little bit about why these girls came when they did. (With more pictures just because they are so dang cute!)
The first time they got to be together after Lily and I went home from the hospital

I had my regular doctor visit scheduled for Tuesday the 8th, but on Monday morning I woke up and being the paranoid person that I am- thought I was leaking fluid. Chad told me to call the doctor and they told me to come in and they would just check to make sure everything was ok. Chad and I went in and they told me I wasn’t leaking fluid but they wanted to check me anyway. I was at 7cm and the Doctor told us it was time to go to the hospital! We went home and got my bag took one last belly shot and went to the hospital. The nurses thought it was funny that I was at a 7 and able to just walk into the hospital.

36 weeks 6 days

I got all checked in at around noon and the doctor broke my water and then the waiting game started. About two or so hours later I got an epidural because I knew that I am a wuss and would need one. (even though I wasn’t much pain yet) When they were giving me my epidural I jumped really bad and scared myself and the anesthesiologist got mad at me- but I ended up being fine. I couldn’t feel anything so I was happy but waited and waited… finally they gave me some pitocin around 6 or 7 (I can’t really remember what time it was…) but at 8ish I got to start to push! In about an hour I had my two little angels.


I heart my epidural.

Lily is at home and doing great! She loves to nap with Dad and hang out with grandma! She is a very funny girl and makes us laugh all day! She got to meet her new friend Ella when our friends Sara and Skyler came to visit!
Lily and Ella
Lily getting ready for bed with grandma


Ellie is doing better. She had a test done yesterday and we found out that she has reflux. So now she is on some medicine that will help her keep her milk down. This way she can get bigger and come home soon! She isn’t in her incubator as of today because she is able to control her temperature herself. We hope she will be home soon but you never know.

Ellie and myself- not in her incubator anymore!

Lunch time!

7 comments:

Linny said...

what a day that must have been! 7 centimeters, thats crazy! (I got my epidural after only a half hour after my water broke, talk about a wuss!)

Sarah said...

aw... Glad Ellie is doing better. It was so great to see you guys yesterday!!! & it still seems like we never left Rexburg sometimes.

Aubrey Scott said...

I just love seeing pics of your girls. they are so beautiful. I heart epidurals too. Let me know if I can help with anything.

The Plaisted's said...

K I was in the hospital and at a 2 when I got my epidural. Talk about a wuss!! Your little girls are so cute and just precious. I hope you get to bring Ellie home soon!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story! Your girls are so beautiful, Amy. Congratulations again. I hope sweet Ellie gets to come home soon!

Dani W said...

I love your new picture at the top with the whole gang up there... how fun that you have beautiful twin girls and such a cute family! I am so happy for you! I cannot wait to read your next blog entry about your new crazy life with twin girls! By the way... I really love the names you guys picked out! Just beautiful!

Candace said...

Man, how fun!!! They are just too adorable. I really hope Ellie gets to come home asap! I'm glad you're posting and keeping us up to date! I got me epidural super early too...aren't they lifesavers?! I wouldn't have it any other way.