Sunday, August 12, 2012

Girls Camp 2012

Like last year I was lucky enough to get to go to our churches girls camp! The camp is for the LDS young women in the surrounding Des Moines area ages 12 to 18.  I was super busy this year teaching classes! I taught everything from hair braiding to making bedrolls, transporting the injured to astronomy!
I also was the photographer again :)
Des Moines 3rd ward!
We had the largest group at camp again this year. All of our girls were super sweet!
The theme this year was "A Light to The Nations". Each group picked a country and a light source. We were Greece with the Olympic torch! We had tie-dyed togas, laurel wreathes and lots of yummy Greek food!
Right before camp I was released from working in the nursery and called into the young women! I was so happy to get to know all the girls better- and now I get to keep working with them!

I had other great leaders that I worked with to plan and make it all happen! They were wonderful and I am so lucky to have them as my friends!

No comments: