Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Super Vacation Part Two

*Just a reminder that there are about 5 newish post under this one!*

Family reunion!

The main reason for our trip to Oregon this summer was that my family had a family reunion! I was my parents my siblings, their spouses and kids. We had it in a little beach city named Bandon where my Dad lived for a little growing up. I had been a long time since we've all been in one place! The last time I saw my little brother Dale before this was three years ago! It was so much fun just being together!
The sisters and Dale all sat on Kara's bed and talked and laughed. Soon all the kids came to join us. :)

We got to go some really fun places! One was  little lake that had a huge sand dune right into the water. There was lots of swimming, dune surfing, sun bathing and... even a little smoking?
hahahaha... Ayna kept trying to eat the cigarettes so Sterling put it where she couldn't see it :)
Matt and Jefferson in the little boat!

Bandon has a pretty cute little pier. We loved walking along it and seeing all the fun things. One night we met George the pelican. He was HUGE!
We did a lot of crabbing! I am not so keen on crabs and ended up getting two crabs thrown at me. (Thanks Matt and Sterling...) It was really fun to watch them though. I even took a small bite of crab... still don't like it but Chad loves it!
Lily and Uncle Dale
Sunset in Bandon by the Sea.

Family pictures! With some amazing effort from some of the family we had these shirts! The front says "Swany: Established 1975" and the back is numbered by how we entered the family.

The whole group!

The Olanders

The Stuards

The "Pink" group aka Dale, Katie and Laura :)
All the single ladies.... wait what...

The Smiths

Congers!

The Schvaneveldts

The "original nine"

The "By Laws"

My Mom and Dad with all the grand kids!

The boys!

The girls!

The seven in age order!

I know there are a ton of pictures... but don't worry there are even more to come...

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I think I should just copy this entry and put it up on my blog! We had such a fun time and I am so glad that we got to spend time with you guys. We miss you already!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the memories and pictures!! Mom

Kara said...

I was thinking that same thing as Mindy as I read all of your blogs...yes that does make me a lazy blogger. Thanks for posting all the cute pictures!

The Congers said...

Oh man so much fun stuff. I love seeing all the pictures, keep 'em coming!

The Congers said...

Oh yeah I love the shirt idea, the next reunion I go to I am totally suggesting this!